Wednesday, March 3, 2010

motivation


I woke up this morning thinking about my cards (which is surprising after the crazy dreams I had last night). I've been spending a lot of time either creating or attempting to market in the last couple of weeks, so I guess it's just always on my mind. The thing I was wondering about the most this morning was: What is my motivation? Here's what I came up with...

-Artistic Expression
A very large reason that this is important to me is to express those thoughts that are deep within my mind (and after looking over my work, that worries me a bit!). Being able to transfer that to an artistic realm is somewhat therapeutic.... but this reason is boring to anyone but me. So...

-Money
Yes, I hope to actually make money from this. I actually hope to make lots of money from this. Yes, this is unlikely... I don't give a shit. This is my dream.
Now money; money falls into different categories of motivation. Why do I want to make money?
It is a proven fact that most men want to be rich to use that fact to attract women. The type of woman that is attracted to money above all else is usually: a very self-centered person, not very bright, not very nice, and incredibly attractive.
I feel it is my duty to let all of my loyal fans that this is... my motivation as well.
Sure, being debt-free, comfortable, and with a house to live in all sounds fine too.

-Humor
In a world where we just need humor more than ever, my major goal is to make people laugh. Honestly, nothing makes me as happy as somebody laughing at one of my cards.
Basically, the entire objective of this post was to express my hope that you not only enjoy my work, but please, please pass this all along to your friends. Whether you send them a card or direct them to one of my many outlets online, I appreciate it.


----------------
Now playing: Marketa Irglova - The Hill
via FoxyTunes

No comments: